Sunday, November 7, 2010

Celebration Ale

Beer Name: Celebration Ale
Brewery: Sierra Nevada Brewing Company
ABV: 6.8%
Serving method: 12-oz bottle
Born/Bottled/Shipped on: Unknown

It's a celebration bitches! Sierra Nevada's Celebration Ale is a winter seasonal beer that doesn't taste like a standard winter beer. This is an IPA, and it's a hoppy one!

I had this at a bar, and I had already had about 8 gin & tonics and a couple glasses of wine, so this may not be the most intelligent beer review on the site. So, um, the bottle is brown with a reddish label. I have no idea what the beer itself looks like, because the bottle is pretty dark. There is a major aroma of hops here, which should be preparing your tastebuds for the hop assault that is about to occur.

The Celebration Ale's flavor is dominated by the hops. This beer is intensely hoppy, and it's also seems very dry. Like most IPAs, there is a bitter finish, but it's not overly bitter. It's a bit carbonated, but nothing too strong. This is a beer that will wake you up when you drink it.

Final thought - I don't understand why this beer is only available in the "winter." It's delicious! I should be able to drink them whenever I want! Stupid Sierra Nevada jerks!! So obviously I like this beer, and I will be drinking many more of them during the next month or so.

-Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment