Saturday, October 23, 2010

Gold Spike

Beer Name: BBC Gold Spike
Brewery: Berkshire Brewing Company
ABV: 4.2%
Serving method: 16-oz pint
Born/Bottled/Shipped on: Unknown

I guess that this beer continues the theme of railroads that Steel Rail started.

Gold Spike is a light golden yellow color with a slight head that is very short-lasting. I had it in a weird glass, and it didn't leave much lacing behind. The smell was similar to the smell of most mainstream beers, like Bud, Miller, or Coors Light(s).

This beer tasted like it smelled, which means it tasted like the basic offerings from the big American macrobreweries. Although Anheuser-Busch is now owned by InBev, so is that still an American company? Who cares, as that is not relevant to this discussion. The point is that this tastes like a slightly more beer-y version of those beers. I bet that Dave would like it, especially if we told him that it was Bud Light draft.

Final thought - I am not a big fan of those crappy Light beers. Obviously I'll drink them at places like the Festa or keg parties or while I'm playing a little pong, but in those situations, the idea is to drink as much as possible. If I'm relaxing with a beer, I want something with more flavor. Kathryn said she'd drink it again, so it looks like we have a hung jury here. Looks like you'll have to try it for yourself.

-Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment