Monday, July 4, 2011

Mojo

Beer Name: Mojo IPA
Brewery: Boulder Beer Company
ABV: 7.2%
Serving method: 12-oz bottle
Born/Bottled/Shipped on: Best by 7/6/11

Wow, cutting it a bit close with this one. Also, I thought I already posted this, but apparently I hit Save Now instead of Publish Post. That's a rookie mistake, and you hate to see it. Oh well. I can always go back and change the date to when I actually wrote it. Problem solved.

The Mojo IPA (which I like to pronounce with a soft J just to be a doofus) comes in a bottle with a cool label that is unfortunately too dark for me to see the beer. Based purely on the aroma and taste, I would say that it's probably a light copper colored beer that would pour into a pint glass with about a 1/2" of foam, maybe slightly less. I think it would be a fun experiment to try this out with the last bottle I have to see how accurate it is. There is an aroma of citrus hops, mostly grapefruity.

The flavor here is pretty much what the aroma suggests it would be. There's a good citrus hop flavor with some nice maltiness at the end for a hint of sweetness. It has a bitter finish, but only a very slight aftertaste. There is a bit of carbonation, but not too much. Although 7.2% isn't that high, it's still up there, but the beer doesn't seem that strong. It has a good drinkability.

Final thought - This is a good IPA, but it's not one of the top tier ones. I wouldn't mind having them again, although I'll probably aim for some bottles with a best by date that's a little further away. This particular 6-pack will make a good experiment now that I've had a bottle right before the date and can drink another one once it's gone by. Let's see what happens!

-Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment