Friday, July 8, 2011

IPA

Beer Name: Lake Placid India Pale Ale
Brewery: Lake Placid Pub and Brewery
ABV: 6.8%
Serving method: 12-oz bottle
Born/Bottled/Shipped on: Unknown

Alex had a bunch of different beers in his fridge from some sort of Beer-of-the-Month thing. I figured I might as well go with the IPA since I'm always on the lookout for IPAs that Kathryn might actually enjoy drinking.

Again, I was drinking from a bottle, so I don't have much to say about the appearance of Lake Placid's IPA. I can say that there is a good aroma of hops, but not much of the malt that the bottle's label tells me is in there.

This beer has a good amount of bitter hops, but not much malty sweetness to balance it out. I was actually expecting a lot more in the malt area, so I was a little bit disappointed. While the bitterness was good for an IPA, it was a little bit too much without anything to balance it. Having said that, this beer was still very easy to drink, and I plowed through a couple of bottles.

Final thought - While it was a good beer to just sit and relax with, I am not sure I'd go for this one again. I guess I prefer the IPAs with the sweetness in the background to balance out the bitterness from the hops.

-Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment