Friday, February 25, 2011

#9

Beer Name: #9
Brewery: Magic Hat
ABV: 5.1%
Serving method: 12-oz bottle
Born/Bottled/Shipped on: Unknown

Someone told me that Magic Hat was recently purchased by InBev A-B or whatever that giant conglomerate is called, but I can't find anything that supports that claim. It was purchased by some group calling themselves "North American Breweries," but I don't think that's the same place. Basically what I'm saying here is, don't believe people.

#9 is a golden colored beer that might have some head if I had bothered to pour it into a glass. It has an aroma that is slightly sweet and has a fruity smell, probably apricots since that is what is in there. There's a pretty good chance that you are already familiar with this beer, so there's not really much to say.

Magic Hat calls #9 a "not quite pale ale," which is sort of confusing because I have no idea what style of beer they are actually going for. If I was expecting something that was like a pale ale but different, I would be completely wrong as there isn't anything pale ale about this. All you hop haters out there can rest easy knowing that this beer is ok for you. The beer has a light flavor of apricot and is easily drinkable since it's got a mild carbonation and pretty low alcohol content.

Final thought - Although it doesn't really feel like a winter beer, Magic Hat's #9 is still a great choice for an extended drinking session. It's not overpowering in any way, and is just a smooth drinking beer from some chill Vermontonians. I actually have no idea if they're chill or if "Vermontonian" is actually the name for people from Vermont, but this is my blog and I'll do what I want.

-Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment