Monday, September 27, 2010

Porkslap

Beer Name: Porkslap Pale Ale
Brewery: Butternuts Beer and Ale
ABV: 4.3%
Serving method: 12-oz can
Born/Bottled/Shipped on: Unknown

I have been drinking a lot of beers with unknown brew dates lately. I thought they were making a big deal back in the day about beer freshness, but I guess it is no longer important. Every time I learn something new about beer, something else changes. Remember when people told you that letting beer get warm and recooling it made it skunk faster? Turns out that all you really have to avoid is light, and temperature fluctuations really don't do anything. The world I grew up in is gone. . .

First off, this beer is weird because it's from a can. Usually if I'm drinking beer from a can, it's ____ Light/Lite and I'm about to get silly. However, this can is different, because it's hilarious. Go over to Google and look it up. It's got pigs high fiving!! Actually, they are high tenning, but I wasn't sure you would understand that since high ten is not used nearly enough. You know, because you're a little slow. Maybe it's time to actually talk about beer.

This is a pale ale, so I am assuming the scent I'm picking up on is hops. Maybe not though. Really, I am just so focused on the can that I can't think about other things. It's got pigs!!

This beer is alright. It feels very carbonated, and the major sensation is malt. That's kind of weird, since it's a pale ale. Maybe the aroma I was getting was malt and not hops. Who knows. There's a sweet taste right at the beginning before it turns into that malt, and the aftertaste is pretty clean. That's probably because the beer seems pretty watery.

Final thought - Probably 98% of this beer's awesomeness is the can. While that means the can is super awesome, it also means that the beer isn't that great. I doubt that I would drink this again unless someone else bought it for me. However, I think it would make a good substitution for beer pong though. It's not that strong, so you could easily substitute it for Busch Light and actually enjoy the beer you're pounding. So it's got that going for it.

-Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment