Saturday, March 26, 2011

Doggie Style

Beer Name: Doggie Style Classic Pale Ale
Brewery: Flying Dog Brewery
ABV: 5.5%
Serving method: 12-oz bottle in a pint glass
Born/Bottled/Shipped on: Unknown

This marks the first Maryland brewery to be featured here. Welcome to the party, Maryland.

This also marks the moment I realized that I have "pale ale" and "American pale ale" as separate tags. At some point I really will need to go back and redo the tags, but that point is not now. If you really care, I'll show you how to do it and you can take care of the problem.

Doggie Style is a copper colored ale that pours with a quickly fading head. I drank a few bottles, and the amount of head was different every time, but it was always between a quarter inch and 3/4". Not that it matters much, because it's going to be gone in a few seconds. The aroma is hoppy and citrusy, and I would bet that the beer uses Cascade hops. There was a light lacing on the glass when I was done.

The beer has a very typical pale ale taste. It's pretty hoppy, but there is a malty taste in the background. The finish is dry and bitter, like most pale ales. The beer is very smooth, with only a light amount of carbonation. It finishes with a slight aftertaste.

Final thought - After going through a handful of these the last couple days, I have concluded that this is a nice beer for relaxing with a 6-pack and just hanging out. While it doesn't stand out as one of the best beers I've had, there's nothing bad about it. Overall, just a solid, easy drinking pale ale.

-Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment